Friday, December 28, 2012

Building Arcade Hyperspin/Mame cabinet - Part 3

The final coat of blue added this morning. Sanded back the first coat of blue and then put on the last coat as evenly as possible. 

The console. Just add buttons and artwork!

Some of the front, sides and edges.

Although the paint isn't as glossy as I imaged it to be overall I am very happy with the result - it isn't perfect, but I've been told that gloss paint is one of the more difficult paints to get a flat finish on and I'm happy to have learned a new skill.

I have packed up the Dexter shed - there'll be no more painting this year. There might be a edge piece or two where the paint isn't complete that might be visible and if that is the case I might be a small very fine air gun to paint those parts after the cabinet has been built.

I will try seeing how far I can get with wiring up the console this evening and am hoping to enlist the assistance of a couple of friends in putting the cabinet tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the next post has completed pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment